This is a system in which the building materials help to heat spaces. A radiant heated room feels cozy and comfortable because it emits less humidity when compared to forced air heating systems where the air circulates throughout the whole area.
In addition to lower humidity levels, there are many other benefits of using radiant floor heating: energy savings, faster installation times, and low maintenance.
What are the types of radiant heating systems?
There are two main types of radiant heating: electric and hydronic. Electric systems use electric mats that warm-up floors through conductive transfer from pipes located under insulation panels.
Hydronic systems go one step further by using water pumped through the system to transfer heat from a boiler.
What are the benefits of radiant heating?
Radiant heated rooms are warmer and more comfortable feeling because they are:
- Applicable to any floor – The floors can be made of materials that don’t conduct heat well (like carpet), yet the room will still feel warm.
- Low humidity – The floor doesn’t get cold; it is mixed with hot air, which contributes to radiant heating’s lower humidity levels.
- Also, it is easier to keep the floors dry when there is less humidity in the air.
- Low maintenance – Radiant heating systems offer low maintenance since they last for many years without needing replacement.
- Energy-efficient – If properly installed, radiant heated rooms require up to 50% less energy than forced-air heating systems to maintain the same temperature.
These are some of the benefits you stand to enjoy when using radiant heating in your home or office.
The systems are also quieter and cleaner to the environment.
Want a radiant heating system for your building?
Contact The Plumbing Co. LLC For All Radiant Heating Services
With over ten years of experience and a consistent top rating on HomeAdvisor, we are confident our services will help you. We offer:
- Installation, service, and repair for any type of hot water heating
- Repair of natural gas, propane or electric fired boiler or radiant heating systems
- Repair and Service
- And much more
Need any of these services? Call us at 505-470-3030 if you live in Santa Fe, NM, and the surrounding areas.